Sunday, February 6, 2011

To everything there is a season

I've discovered many blogs in the past few days that focus on white on white, cream and white, winter white....  I love how each of these bloggers have their own unique style of showcasing white in a variety of seasons.  Each seasonal display is absolutely beautiful, fresh, and inviting.  Some of my favorite blogs so far are Winter Whites, French Larkspur, and Blue Hydrangea.  They each have a very simple lifestyle, but their homes have such character and warmth: as I looked into their rooms, I felt comfortable, welcomed, and immediately wanted to know more about the owner's personality; yet, I also feel that if I met them today, I would be invited in for a cup of tea or coffee and we would immediately be friends.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season(one of four divisions of the year; a period of time to enhance flavor or add zest) for every activity under heaven: (2) a time to plant and a time to uproot (4)a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them (6)a time to keep and a time to throw away.

Decorating is very seasonal.    This morning I awoke to a beautiful blanket of snow.  How fresh, serene, peaceful.  I sat with my morning cup of coffee and watched the flakes accumulate, resting in the presence of white bliss.   Then suddenly, I had the urge to clean, redo, and although I love winter moments such as this, in my heart I'm ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment